Social media marketing is in addition to integrated marketing communications plans. Integrated marketing communications is a multifaceted,organized marketing and advertising approach that organizations follow to connect with their target markets. Social media marketing programs usually focus on efforts to create content that draws attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. As this mode of networking has become more and more popular, it benefits in connecting with the world on any platform such as personal, political as well as business. Some of the features of social media marketing are as mentioned below:
- A technology for everyone: Unlike the period where everything was exclusive and paid for, technology such as this is free for all to use.
- Making World Wide Web much bigger place: Since social media is an online process the use of internet helps immensely in reaching out to a wider audience.
- User-generated content: Content such as pictures, videos, blogs, news, information or any other kind of data used to be the specialization of a privileged few. Well, not anymore as advancement in online technology makes it easier for anyone to float content on a social media platform.
- Is handy and scalable: Accessible to the public, social media can now be used by a diverse set of users. This not only provides people with tremendous opportunities, but also provides easy to access information and tools to work for the person’s convenience.
- An information diffusion mode: The process changes how people read share or collect information and thus social media is very much capable of distributing information on a faster pace.
- A constructive way to build relationships: With the help of social media marketing, people can easily share information with others. This ensures that a better relationship is built with social media as the base.
- Connecting with others: There lies a tremendous opportunity to make real and meaningful connect with prospective customers. It provides a better perspective to human relationships. This personal perception thus helps many companies to find a way to establish the network with their customers and promote their message in a better fashion.
- From content readers to content publishers: Consumers are not only content readers but with respect to social media, they are also the content publishers. Hence a valuable platform for people, to share any kind of relevant content with their network of followers.
- Brand power: The best way to promote or publicize a brand or a product. What drives the media is the amalgamation of technology with the creativity and thus a whole new world for social media marketing is available for anyone to use.
- Provision of customer service and relayed feedbacks: With the help of technology a person can easily respond back to the customer’s feedback or even provide services by coordinating with his employees.
- Influencing a generation: Convincing a person to follow a brand or a product is altogether another story. Right from suggesting the idea, to its implementation and then its successful execution marketing can be an influential force in the industry.
- Gain of goodwill: With the help of social media, goodwill can easily be generated for a company or a brand.
If used in a correct manner, social media marketing can be the next biggest revolution in the field of marketing. Hence its advantages can sure be a boon to the industry with exponential benefits as a result of its use. The process changes how people read share or collect information and thus social media is very much capable of distributing information on a faster pace. A constructive way to build relationships: With the help of social media marketing, people can easily share information with others. What drives the media is the amalgamation of technology with the creativity and thus a whole new world for social media marketing is available for anyone to use.
Social media marketing is a critical part of your business strategy. It is one of the many essential cogs in the wheel of your business that will help you to achieve success for your business.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
About the Author.
Marco Giunta is a Senior Business Development Executive and the author of the book: Rethinking Sales.
He is a leading expert in Global Outsourcing with a focus on banking, financial services and other Industry sectors and has a long list of clients. Mr. Giunta is a speaker and presenter. He has led start-ups, business strategy groups, technology think tanks and has experience as a career coach. Visit Marco’s website at marcogiunta.com.