Facebook Fan Pages offer extraordinary opportunities to gain increased visibility, contribute to Google indexing, increase your ranking with the search engines, and engage your fans. How do you engage your fans and encourage them to interact?
The status updates on your Facebook Fan Page will greatly affect how far your reach will be. Your status updates will reach your fans and your fans’ friends. You might ask how you can guarantee that your status updates reach a large number of people.
The most significant way to increase your number of Facebook Fans is by sharing relevant, high-quality content and inciting comments. The more comments people make, the more marketing and viral visibility you will create.
Of course, it goes without saying that your fans will only comment on content that is worth commenting on. Your Fans will visit your Facebook Fan Page and they will stay if the discussions and the content engage them.
Your Facebook Fan Page is an extension of your business or your blog. It is a place where you can create and maintain real community and continue to strengthen your brand.
Remember that there is a direct relationship between frequency of posts and number of fans on your Facebook Fan Page. You should post frequently, but not so frequently that your fans feel overwhelmed.
If you have just created your Fan Page on the Internet, you should post daily so that you give your fans a chance to get to know you. If, however, you have had it up for a while and are getting good responses to your content, you should post several times a day, depending on how the discussions are going. You will start to get a sense of how often to post based on your interactions with your fans.
You should find the following tips helpful in increasing your number of Facebook Fans:
- Concentrate on having discussions instead of merely making announcements and/or statements.
- Ask stimulating questions that encourage your fans to have ongoing discussions.
- Ask straight forward, simple questions.
- Post links to a blog article or video with a question attached.
- Post a statement, quotation, or photo and ask your fans what their opinions are.
- Post questions daily that you feel your fans care about and would find interesting and valuable.
- Make sure that your Fan Page is simple and easy to read.
- Create a first impression that is exciting, compelling, and positive.
- Make sure that all of your tabs have a genuine purpose. Never have a blank tab.
- Have content on your Fan Page that is concise and to the point.
- Give people a reason to become a fan. Make exclusive offers only to your fans, appeal to your fans’ egos, and satisfy their feeling of wanting to identify with a brand as exciting as yours.
- Understand that there are different ways to promote your Facebook Fan Page: Facebook social advertisement; Through your existing social marketing channels, such as your website, Email campaigns, etc; and through your friends (suggest that they become fans of your Facebook Fan Page).
- Show your potential fans who your already-existing fans are (people enjoy seeing photos of other people).
- After you have 25 fans, you can request a vanity URL, which is a shortened version of your Facebook Fan Page address. The advantage of this is that it will be easier to share the link with other people.
Most Fans will keep returning to your Fan Page if they feel that there is a true sense of community. Remember to be sincere, friendly, warm, and human, even if your brand is huge.
Hopefully, the tips that were discussed will give you some useful ideas on how to market your Facebook Fan Page and greatly increase your number of fans. The more fans you have, the more potential you have for increased brand awareness and increased business.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. Please contact us at CompuKol Communications for further discussion on how we might be able to assist you and your team.
About the Author.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Mr. Cohn is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).