There are many businesses that understand the importance of blogging for their business but have a much more difficult time when it comes to actually sitting down and writing the article. In spite of that, most businesses have a blog.
The big question is how those companies manage their blog in addition to all of the other responsibilities that they have regarding their business. It is quite helpful to take a look at the blogs of some of the most successful companies in order to learn ways to improve the writing and the blog approach so that you become even more successful in your business.
- Develop an Editorial calendar: If you create a map, so to speak, it will be a lot easier to accomplish the writing than if you are constantly pulling the topics and the writing out of your head as you go along. Having a calendar will help you focus on what you are doing over a long period of time and it will reduce a great deal of stress for you because everything will be organized.
- Write compelling content: Of course, this is absolutely the first rule of thumb regarding writing. Nobody wants to read boring and unimaginative content. Turn the thinking around before you start writing and write about something that you would like to read. Offer information that would help you in some way if you were the reader. It is perfectly acceptable (and preferable) for you to put some of your personality into your writing. Other people will want to read what you have written.
- Allow comments: Encourage your readers to leave as many comments as often as possible once you have posted a blog article. The comments are precisely what generates the content and keeps on generating it. When people leave comments, they are giving you honest and valuable feedback on what you are sharing with them. You will find that not all of the comments that you receive will be positive ones. Of course, it is important to show both sides. That will demonstrate how fair and impartial you are and how your main objective is to help other people professionally.
- Communicate your blog policy to others: One of the main concerns when it comes to companies having a blog is about allowing their employees to have a public voice. That is why it is so important to have a policy. Your policy is a list of the rules of engagement for your employees and customers. It gives guidance to your employees about what is acceptable blogging behavior and what is unacceptable blogging behavior. The reason that it is good to share your policy with your customers is so that they know what they can expect when it comes to interacting with you online.
- Empower your employees: You should empower your employees to blog about their valuable insights, intelligence and what is important to them. You may want to invite employees from different branches of your company to blog about what is going on in those particular branches. Their perspective is bound to be unique and valuable. You and your customers will find what they have to say interesting.
- Include guest bloggers: There are so much valuable information out there and many people have interesting and unique things to say to others, which will help them in their own businesses. Guest bloggers bring a fresh and multidimensional perspective to what you already have and other people will be very interested to read what they have to say. If you use guest bloggers, you also have a great potential to increase your readership.
- Where do your employees who do social media fit in your organization: It is very important to understand that employees whose job it is to work on social media should be considered an important part of your organization. A logical place to put them is in the sales department of your business. One thing that you should not do is to isolate them. They work most effectively and produce the most successful results when they are a part of everything.
- Content: If you post blog articles speak more about your customers than about your products, you will attract more readers. As always, remember that your readers don’t really care how wonderful you and your products are. Their only concern is that you can solve their problems and help them to become a greater success in their own businesses.
Business-to-business blogging holds a great deal of value. All business owners understand the importance of using a tool such as blogging to increase their business and to form and maintain important business relationships that will go on far into the future. The more information you share, the more people will be interested in what you are offering and will want to interact with you.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. Please contact us at CompuKol Communications for further discussion on how we might be able to assist you and your team.
About the Author.
Carolyn Cohn is the Chief Editor of CompuKol Communications LLC. Mrs. Cohn has a wealth of experience in business writing as well as having a strong editorial background. She manages all of the company’s writers, journalists and editors as well as writing, editing and publishing several business articles a week on a consistent basis, which are syndicated globally.
Mrs. Cohn has run several editorial departments for other companies. She has over 25 years of editorial experience and her expertise covers a wide range of media, such as online editing, and editing books, journal articles, abstracts, and promotional and educational materials.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Cohn has established and maintained strong relationships with professionals from a wide variety of companies. The principle that governs her work is that all words need to be edited.
Mrs. Cohn earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo.
Mrs. Cohn is a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA).