Any given market has no shortage of marketers. In fact, most people are fed up with marketing schemes that are selling wares from toothpaste to insurance policies. As such, any marketing effort on your part may be taken as an intrusion by people who don't know you personally.
Building the relationship
The only way to gain access into people’s lives is by being their friend. Once they are acquainted with you and they are comfortable with you , you can convert them into customers by introducing your service or product.
In order to devise a sales sequence, you must decide upon how you want to approach the prospective customer and how you want to proceed with your sales strategy. You must understand how to gain access into the minds of your potential customers and build long-lasting relationships.
1. Be Selective. There may be many people who respond to your promotional efforts, but it would not be wise to engage with everyone who enquires about your services or products. You must have it clear in your mind about what type of customer you would prefer. Since you are being selective, the process of becoming your prospective customer's friend is natural and not coerced. Your customer will sense your genuine interest and begin to trust you.
2. Know Your Customer's Expectations. Every customer is looking for a different level of service. If you don’t know their expectations, you will always fall short and not be able to meet their needs. Even after you have acquired them as a client, make sure that you stay up to date on their needs at all times. Continue to reassure them that they matter and that you have not forgotten them once the deal is signed.
4. Let Them Know Where To Find You. As stated before, you must continue to be in regular contact with them via newsletters or other means of communication. Often, you can’t "seal the deal" immediately. You may have to wait. You must implement the sales sequence and try not to sell your services in one step. On average, you may have to initiate seven times before achieving a breakthrough.
5. Maintain open lines of communication. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Know how often they would like to speak with you and what methods are best for reaching them, as well as how they can reach you quickly. It's all about building trust and maintaining respect throughout the entire business relationship, which will hopefully be a long one.
YOU MUST ROOT YOURSELF WELL AS AN EXPERT AND BEGIN TO THINK AND ACT LIKE ONE.
Once you really understand these five keys to relationship building, you will be set to devise an effective and mind-blowing business strategy.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
Follow this post
Marco Giunta is a Senior Business Development Executive and the author of the book: Rethinking Sales.
He is a leading expert in Global Outsourcing with a focus on banking, financial services and other Industry sectors and has a long list of clients. Mr. Giunta is a speaker and presenter. He has led start-ups, business strategy groups, technology think tanks and has experience as a career coach. Visit Marco’s website at marcogiunta.com.
Latest posts by Marco Giunta (see all)
- Building Trust for Success - August 21, 2012
- A Definition of Social Media Marketing - June 7, 2012
- Building Your Sales One Relationship at a Time - March 29, 2012
- Building Your Social Media Connections - March 6, 2012
- Keys to Building and Maintaining Long-Lasting Business Relationships - February 21, 2012