Many people and businesses originally had a website developed and now, years later, they feel that the Internet has not helped them to succeed. Now’s the time to take a second look. website evaluation is a vital part of the success of a website. Continual assessment of the website objectives, features and services, must be under constant scrutiny to ensure that success.
If you are considering overhauling or revamping your website, ask yourself the following questions:
Is your website visually attractive? Is the content informative and interesting? Do potential customers understand which business you are in? Can they easily find what they are looking for? Is the target audience of your website appropriate and well defined? Can visitors find you easily?
No matter how old your business is, your website is only as old as when your website first appeared on the World Wide Web. Has your website reached its goals? Have your goals changed as the years went by? Does your business have enough Internet presence?
CompuKol Communications LLC can offer you an independent opinion on your Internet presence. Our Information Architecture professionals can give you the advice that you need to make your website come to life. We will perform a complete analysis of your website based on the key points below and provide you with a written report.
Our complete analysis report of your website will be based on:
- Structure and Navigation – The structure of a website refers to the navigation system that guides your movement from section to section and the organization of the information of the website. A good, solid structure is consistent and effective. It allows you to form a mental picture of the information provided, which makes navigation intuitive. If navigation is done well, it will get you where you want to go. Navigation allows easy access to all of the content on the website.
- Functionality – Functionality refers to the technology use. If the site functions well, it loads quickly, has live links, and any new technology used runs smoothly and is appropriate for the intended user. The website should work cross-platform and be browser independent.
- Visual Design – The website’s appearance is the visual design. It doesn’t have to be trendy or cutting edge. If the visual design is good, it connects to the target audience and to the purpose of the website. It really grabs you, visually.
- Consistency of the website – Consistency in Web design means that everything should match from page to page. This will include: heading sizes, font choices, colors, button styles, spacing, design elements, illustration styles, photo choices. Everything should be according to a theme to make your design coherent between pages.
- Content – Content is the information provided on the website. High-quality content is engaging and relevant to the target audience. Content that has been developed for the Web is clear and concise and it works well in that medium. Good content has a voice and a point of view. It may be informative, useful, or funny. It always leaves you wanting to look further to pursue additional information.
- Originality – Originality refers to the uniqueness and rarity of any and all elements that make up the site. When the website offers commendable utility, advanced solutions or innovation in content/design, then it has truly distinguished itself from the competition.
- Interactivity – Interactivity is the link between the user and the information on the website. Interactivity allows the user to give and receive information. Good interactivity includes searches, request forms, database queries, chat rooms, e-commerce, and collaboration, among other things.
- Proper Customer Relations – The website must be responsive to customer needs through the way the values, focus and components of the website deliver customer service. This involves ease of contact and responsiveness, honesty in advertising and self-representation, and clarity and potency of message delivery.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a website from search engines via search results. Typically, the earlier a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
We will send you a written report, which covers all aspects of your Internet presence. An emphasis will be placed on how your website matches up with solid search engine design techniques and where your site stands in the searches. If you require us to focus on a specific aspect of your business, ie, what your competition is doing online, we can certainly do that for you.
Once the report is finished you can either implement the findings yourself, or should you retain our services, we’ll deduct the report fee from your invoice. Prices for the website Assessment Report are based on the scope of the analysis and will be quoted at the beginning of the process based on initial short review of your website together with you. Every report is unique is not generated by software. You owe it to yourself as an entrepreneur, small business owner, or an IT manager to get an independent, current look at how your business appears to the world, before you spend any more money.
You are a high-level executive in a medium to large company. You have a full IT department and all Web development is handled in house. Why would you need this service? We report the facts, based on our experience, and what we have learned about sound search engine design techniques. Our report will work as a blueprint for future work, show you areas that need improvement, and will help you understand the expertise of your staff.
Technology, as a whole, doubles every year, and an Internet year is approximately 4 months long. Essentially, what this means is that a 5-year-old website is actually 15 years old, when examined in the light of current design practices. It is essential to make sure that your online presence is current and innovative at all times. CompuKol Communications can make sure that this will always be the case.