Do you need to update your website on your own?
A Web Content Management System (WCMS or Web CMS) is Content Management System (CMS) software, usually implemented as a web application, for creating and managing web content. It is used to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of web material (HTML documents and their associated images). A Web CMS facilitates content creation, content control, editing, and many essential web maintenance functions.
Usually, the software provides authoring and other tools designed to allow users with little or no knowledge of programming languages or markup languages to create and manage content with relative ease of use.
Most systems use a database to store content, metadata, and/or artifacts that might be needed by the system. A presentation layer displays the content to regular website visitors based on a set of templates applied on demand. HTML may be generated when a user visits the page or pulled from a cache. Most open source Web CMS have the capability to support add-ons, which provide extended capabilities, including forums, web-stores, photo-galleries, contact-management, etc. These are often called modules, nodes, widgets, add-ons, or extensions. Add-ons may be based on an open source or paid license model. Administration is typically done via web browser over a network such as the Internet or Intranet.
A Web CMS allows nontechnical users to make changes to an existing website with little or no training. A Web CMS typically requires an experienced coder to set up and add features but is primarily a website maintenance tool for nontechnical administrators.
What Can a Web Content Management System Do for Your Business?
Your customers want to know about new products, special offers, and corporate announcements as soon as possible. Without immediate website updates, you may be significantly stunting your business' potential for online growth. A website built using a Web CMS system can help by giving you complete control over the immediacy of your website and your business.
With a Web CMS-designed website, you have the ability to quickly and easily update your own site content through a simple backend control system called a content management system. These regular website updates appeal to site visitors and search engines alike, helping you to attract new business and retain current customers with updated, relevant content.
At CompuKol Communications, we work to understand your business challenges and then help you select and adapt the right Web CMS to fit your business goals, your workflow needs around content authoring and delivery, and the functionality that you want to present to your online clients. We can develop for your business a customized dynamic website using Web CMS that will allow you to:
- Manage your own content through a simplified backend control.
- Organize staff and improve processes around content development and publishing.
- Interact with your customers through personalized content that is adjusted to accommodate their unique user preferences.
- Profit from eCommerce/shopping cart solutions that are integrated within the WCMS.
- Achieve higher ranking on natural search listings with SEO best practices. Your website will be search engine friendlyâ€”you can add your own page titles, keywords, and meta-tag descriptions for each individual page.
- Take charge of your business with a website solution that can get big results with minimal time and effort.
- Update your website from anywhere in the world.
Contact Us to learn more about CompuKol Communications Web Content Management Systems.