No doubt, you have heard that “Content Is King” more times than you would like to admit. Annoyance aside, it it absolutely true when it comes to social media success for business. However, it is imperative that your content’s perfect.
If you own a business, you most likely have a content strategy, which consists of planning, developing, delivering and managing your content online. If your strategy has been build and executed well, it will be instrumental in achieving your business goals by sharing your content on a broader basis and bringing more Internet traffic to your business. There is a correct way to present your content and an incorrect way to do it. The following are what you should do for increased success:
- Write a great teaser paragraph: Your introductory (or teaser) paragraph must really grab the reader quickly (you only have 3 seconds). It needs to attract readers enough to read the entire article that you are sharing with them. Your introductory paragraph should be a quick summary of the entire article so that you are giving your readers enough of a taste that makes them want to go for the details. Using a quote or humor are both good tricks and may serve you well.
- Putting all of your eggs in one basket: Of course, first and foremost, your content must be of the highest quality and must entice the readers into wanting to keep reading and interacting. That is the basic principle. The search engines react favorably to high-quality content and react unfavorably to poorly written content. The quality of your content will make a huge difference in your business’s success through social media. You should also seriously consider inserting top-quality links and interacting as much as possible with your online audience.
- Choose your audience carefully: When you write content, you need to make sure that you are very certain of who your target audience is and what they need from you. It is critical to know your target audience so that you can focus your content around their needs and wants. Of course, this will also affect how high you appear on the search engine pages. Additionally, other websites will be able to find you easily and will include links to your website in their website. Of course, that will result in increased traffic. Based on all of the wonderful benefits that you will get from this, it is worth doing your homework so that your content is exactly what it should before your target audience.
- Make sure that you content is of the best quality possible: If the quality of your content is not what it should be, people won’t continue to read it. Instead, they will choose to read the content of your competitors. Your content should be consistently clear, concise and well-written. Make sure that it never has the flavor of being sales copy. Instead, it should be content that is pleasant for your audience to read and it should cause them to react emotionally. If you cannot succeed at touching them on a human level, you will never succeed at selling them anything.
- You should try to avoid publishing your content on sites that profit from other people’s high-quality content: Those websites may help you to gain exposure for your business and your content; however, it is actually the wrong sort of publicity for you and your business. Those types of sites are not generally discriminating about the quality of the content that they share with other people. You won’t gain a better reputation by going that route. It is better for you to post on your own blog or website. It comes down to a question of integrity.
- Make your content as appealing as possible: Your content should be as enticing as you can possibly make it. If images are necessary, you should use them. However, if your writing is compelling enough, you should also be able to succeed at creating wonderful images with the words that you use. Additionally, using videos is very often effective and captures the interest of many different people.
The content itself as well as the quality of the content are both critical to the success of your business online. It is extremely important that you remain cognizant of what you should do and what you shouldn’t do. It is your content that is going to draw people to your website and you need to make sure that it is compelling, exciting, enticing and educational. Your content should always be fresh. You should constantly be coming up with new ideas and new ways of presenting topics so that your audience remains engaged.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.
Carolyn Cohn is the Chief Editor of CompuKol Communications LLC. Mrs. Cohn has a wealth of experience in business writing as well as having a strong editorial background. She manages all of the company’s writers, journalists and editors as well as writing, editing and publishing several business articles a week on a consistent basis, which are syndicated globally.
Mrs. Cohn has run several editorial departments for other companies. She has over 25 years of editorial experience and her expertise covers a wide range of media, such as online editing, and editing books, journal articles, abstracts, and promotional and educational materials.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Cohn has established and maintained strong relationships with professionals from a wide variety of companies. The principle that governs her work is that all words need to be edited.
Mrs. Cohn earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo.
Mrs. Cohn is a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA).
Latest posts by Carolyn Cohn (see all)
- Solving the Mysteries of Content Marketing - September 15, 2014
- Identifying Your Topics for Content Curation - August 27, 2014
- Social Media’s Influence on Your Content Marketing Strategy - August 18, 2014