Since November of 2009, LinkedIn has been integrated with Microsoft Outlook, which allows you to keep a careful watch on your LinkedIn contacts, including the last time that you sent them Email, scheduled a meeting and all other activities.
As a part of the integration, your LinkedIn connections show up in your Outlook contacts as a LinkedIn folder, which includes the photograph and contact information of your contacts. After you send Email to your LinkedIn contacts, the activity appears on the bottom of your Email stream so that you can easily access the recent activity of your contacts as well as their latest status updates and what they are reading.
It is simple to integrate LinkedIn with Outlook:
Adding LinkedIn to Microsoft Outlook
- Download and install the most current version of the Outlook Social Connector from Microsoft (you will need either Microsoft 2003, 2007 or 2010).
- After that is installed, you need to download and install the LinkedIn Outlook Connector.
- Finally, restart your Outlook and follow the instructions on how to connect your LinkedIn account to your Outlook account. Outlook will prompt you about which network you would like to connect with. You would then click on the LinkedIn icon and login to your LinkedIn account.
- If the LinkedIn information doesn’t appear automatically, you need to click on “View social network providers available online” for manual support.
- The LinkedIn contacts will then appear in your contacts folder as a separate folder.
- You will see a green + and the LinkedIn icon beneath your contacts photos. The green + will allow you to add your contacts to your other social media networks and will take you directly to those networks.
One of the wonderful advantages to connecting LinkedIn to Outlook is that it will help you to keep all of your business connections in touch and up to date with what’s going on with you and your business. Of course, that will definitely serve to strengthen your existing business relationships as well as help you to cultivate new relationships.
Another great feature is that a history will be retained of the Emails in your inbox from related contacts and you will be able to see the attachments that you have received from them as well as calendar events related to that particular contact.
As simple and convenient as it was to grow your network of connections on LinkedIn before, it will be much easier if you have tied LinkedIn to Outlook. As I am sure you are aware, LinkedIn is one of the best and most used professional social media networks all over the world. Most people use Microsoft Outlook for their Email needs. Linking the two together is a brilliant move and it will make the communication aspect of your business that much easier and efficient, which will, in turn, lead to greater business success.
If you follow the steps that have been given here, you will find the connection between LinkedIn and Outlook to be very useful. It is great that you can now go between LinkedIn and Outlook and the increased ease and speed will really make your time much more efficient and productive.
You save a great deal of effort and many steps by doing it this way. Another great thing is that if someone else wishes to connect with you, that person’s profile information will appear in your inbox and all you have to do is either add them or click on their profile before you connect. By doing this, you have completely eliminated having to go to your LinkedIn inbox to accomplish the same thing. Start connecting as soon as possible and keep growing your business and your connections with other people.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. Please contact us at CompuKol Communications for further discussion on how we might be able to assist you and your team.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Latest posts by Michael Cohn (see all)
- Effective Search Engine Optimization on a Global Level - December 18, 2014
- How to Become an Influencer on Google+ - December 11, 2014
- Using Webinars to Qualify Leads - December 4, 2014