There are many different ways that you can highlight your brand through technology. You can use content and you can use graphics. Another great way to highlight your brand is through video. Creating a YouTube channel can be amazing.
There are several reasons why a YouTube channel can help to make your business and your branding an even greater success than it would be otherwise. The following can result from having a YouTube channel for your branding:
- YouTube is owned by Google: It is generally understood that Google is the search engine that most people turn to when they are looking for information. Your YouTube channel icon will show a link to your website. This will encourage your visitors to visit your website as well. It can have a tremendous influence (and thus cause a great increase) in your web traffic. Your YouTube channel will allow you to connect your channel with your other social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+).
- A way to drive sales and website traffic: When it comes to search engine popularity, YouTube is at the top of the list. If you are sharing blog content, the online traffic that comes from your YouTube channel can be a lot greater than what you have been experiencing up to this point. This is excellent for people who have online business dealings because there will definitely be an increase in their business’s revenue. It is an excellent tool to drive online sales.
- Using videos to allow your online connections to get to know you: There are many different ways that you can allow people to know you on a human and emotional level. They can get to know you through your content and they can get to know you through your online discussions. Another great way to allow people to get to know you is through videos. Videos are a wonderful way to show people who you are and what you really believe in and where your passions lie. It is much easier to get to know and love someone if you can see what they look like and if you can get a read on their emotions through their voice and their facial expressions. The more they get to know you, the more they will trust you and find you credible.
- Using videos to show people what you know: People look for information through the Internet for many different reasons. The basic idea is very simple. They have a problem (or issue) that needs some sort of resolution. If you can find a way to solve their problems, they will keep returning to you for answers. Always remember the concept of WIIFM (What’s In It For Me). It will never matter how wonderful you or your business is. All that is important to them is how you are going to solve their problems. If you can figure out how to do that, they will become loyal to you and you will share a solid relationship with them for many years to come.
- Using videos to showcase your offerings: Written content is a wonderful way to communicate information about your business. However, at times, it is not nearly as effective as showing other people what you have and what you are able to do. The more impressive you make your communication with your online connections, the greater your chances will be of selling your products and/or services to them.
It is very important for you to recognize what an important influence YouTube can have on your business. It is an amazing search engine and it is very important that you recognize what potential it has when it comes to acquiring additional website traffic. It is very important to keep in mind that YouTube is not just for fun videos that people use for entertainment purposes. It is an amazing tool that will help your business to continue to grow. If you aren’t sure about how to get started, try making a short, informative, humorous video about your offerings. You can get more sophisticated with every new video that you make and before you know it, you will have a very strong following of fans who want to see more and more from you.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
About the Author.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Mr. Cohn is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).