The way that people are using social bookmarking online nowadays is different than how they used to approach it. Some of the original bookmarking sites have been put to rest and new ones (as well as new approaches) are here.
The definition of social bookmarking
Social bookmarking is the act of tagging and saving an informational item in order to go back to it at a later time. Because they are online, you can share them easily with other people. In fact, you can create a viral situation if it catches on in a broad enough manner.
The trends in social bookmarking sites
Social bookmarking sites are very interesting because a site can be completely on fire one minute and be on its way out the door the next minute. There were a select few sites that were the heaviest contributors to the social bookmarking scene in the last few years. In the middle of 2011, some of the more popular sites (such as Digg and Yahoo Buzz) started to lose popularity. They were replaced by the next generation of sites, such as Pinterest and Stumbleupon. Interestingly, the older sites were replaced by sites that each has something extra to offer.
Using the new social bookmarking sites
First and foremost, it is critical that you have a deep understanding of your target audience. It is essential that you focus the social bookmarking of your content on your audience so that you can give them what they need and want and thus solve their problems. You want to get them excited about what you can do for them and truly engage them to a level that makes them want to keep returning to you in order to have stimulating and informative discussions.
The concepts that will earn you success
When coming up with concepts and topics that will draw your audiences’ attention, there are several approaches that you can take, which will allow you to achieve success. Including humor and other creative aspects are effective and your results will most likely be excellent. Nothing captures the readers’ attention less than dull content. Your content definitely doesn’t have to be dull. It can be full of exciting words that entice your readers and compel them to keep reading.
With the difference in social bookmarking sites and their popularity over the last few years until now, it is important not to lose sight of what is important.
- You must have a deep understanding of your target audience.
- Your content must be appropriate and must really be exciting for your audience.
- You must be clever enough to pay attention to what your competition is doing and learn from them so that you can apply whichever of their concepts make sense for your business.
- You should engage with others to the point at which they become loyal to your business and your brand.
- You must always do your homework. In other words, you need to become so knowledgeable that you can easily identify trends and easily understand exactly what you should apply to your own business.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
Carolyn Cohn is the Chief Editor of CompuKol Communications LLC. Mrs. Cohn has a wealth of experience in business writing as well as having a strong editorial background. She manages all of the company’s writers, journalists and editors as well as writing, editing and publishing several business articles a week on a consistent basis, which are syndicated globally.
Mrs. Cohn has run several editorial departments for other companies. She has over 25 years of editorial experience and her expertise covers a wide range of media, such as online editing, and editing books, journal articles, abstracts, and promotional and educational materials.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Cohn has established and maintained strong relationships with professionals from a wide variety of companies. The principle that governs her work is that all words need to be edited.
Mrs. Cohn earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo.
Mrs. Cohn is a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA).
Latest posts by Carolyn Cohn (see all)
- Using Content to Turn Prospects into Clients - April 23, 2015
- Creating Effective Web Content in Foreign Languages - April 9, 2015
- Tips for Successful Content Marketing - March 5, 2015
- Why Using Customized Content is Beneficial for Your Brand - February 26, 2015
- Ensuring that Your Content Isn’t Ignored - February 19, 2015