After all this time, you probably understand why social media is so important. However, if you have any doubt, there are several good reasons to stick with social media for your business. If you don’t, you will regret the outcome.
A possibly lingering doubt
You may be a business person who is totally confident about why you are involved with social media for your business. On the other hand, you may be a business person who is either no longer sure about why you are involved with social media for your business or a person who is not as sure as you once were when it comes to social media involvement for your business. In fact, you may be asking some of these questions:
- What value are you actually getting from social media?
- Do you really feel that your social media marketing strategy is working for your business?
- Do you see the return on investment (ROI) that you expected to see at this point?
- Can you actually measure your return on investment successfully?
- How is generating great-quality content actually going to help you to achieve success?
- Should you handle your social media activities in-house or hire someone outside of your company to handle it?
The truth about social media
Before you decide that you may step away from social media, there are several things that require your close consideration.
- This is no fly-by-night operation: Social media has been present for a very long time and will continue to have a strong presence in the online business world. It will be an important player in the business world for a very long time. It is absolutely here to stay.
- Think in terms of forever: There is so much impact that social media can have when it comes to your business. It can bring people together in a profound way that nothing else can match. Over the next several years, massive networks of people will be established and this can have wildly positive implications for your business.
There are several important reasons to stay close to social media:
People need people
There is absolutely no doubt that as a business person, you need other people to help you to succeed. Without other people, you will be in a silo and no one can help you. In fact, the more people you have, the more successful you will be. You want to rise, head and shoulders above the rest. The only way that you will be able to do that is by building strong, enduring relationships that carry you and your business for a very long time.
Things are constantly changing. That means that you have to change with the times. Where you are in your business now is not necessarily where you are going to be in a year from now. Your involvement with social media allows you to get your message across quickly and to a large number of people all at once. That means that your ability to sell your products and/or services will be greatly heightened.
The importance of customer service
Customer service is more important than it ever was before. Customers have much higher expectations than they used to have and if customer service doesn’t come through, those customers will turn around and go to someone else in the blink of an eye. Timeliness is critical to your success as well. If customers don’t get a response right away, it may be the kiss of death for your business. The days when people accepted mediocre treatment are definitely over.
Social media is here to stay. It is only becoming stronger and stronger and with each passing day, new and innovative tools are being introduced. It is important to take advantage of all that you can so that you stay ahead of the curve and leave you competition in the dust. Your business, as well as everyone else’s business, is becoming more and more social. Social media can help you to interact very effectively. You will have to spend time and effort and very little money. The effort that you do spend on it will pay off and you will see that it is well worth it in the long run.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Latest posts by Michael Cohn (see all)
- Effective Search Engine Optimization on a Global Level - December 18, 2014
- How to Become an Influencer on Google+ - December 11, 2014
- Using Webinars to Qualify Leads - December 4, 2014