It is critical that your online presence is strong and that you can be found easily by others who are interested in your offerings. It is very important that you make the most of your social media connections.
The relationship between social media and search capabilities
One of the first (and most important) ideas when it comes to being found online is how to increase your rankings on the search engines. What you want for your business is to appear at the top of the search engine pages. The higher, the better. If your business appears lower down on the search engine page than you would like, there are things that you can do to increase your rankings. The other element that should be of concern to you is how to make your web presence rank higher with social influences.
There has undoubtedly been growth (and there will continue to be growth) in popularity and influence of social media channels and how people use them on a regular and consistent basis. Greater and greater numbers of people are using them for business as well as for person reasons. When visitors to your website are being discussed that means unique visitors. The number of people has been increasing on a regular and steady basis. Of course, two of the most influential and popular sites are Facebook and Twitter, which continue to gain more and more popularity.
People continue to search for what they want and their hunger for information is satisfied (to a point) by the vast amount of information that is at their fingertips. When it comes to searching, people are not only interested in educational information. They are also very interested in buying products and/or services from a huge list of possibilities. More and more businesses that have something to sell are taking advantage of social media as an extremely effective vehicle for selling. Their need to appear at the top of the search engine pages is the same as any other business owners need. The principle is simple. If people don’t find them (or if they appear too far down on the search engine page), they won’t even know that they exist. If they don’t know that they exist, how are they going to buy anything from them?
Getting your rankings on the search engine pages to increase
Of course, the stronger your offerings (higher-quality products, more variety, etc), the better your chances of appearing higher on the search engine’s pages. Remember, the more your promote your products and/or services, the better your chances of appearing at the top of the page. There are several ways to make this happen.
- Have a link on your homepage to social media sites: This concept is simple but it is also very effective. Having social media integration on your website (or some other aspect of your web presence) gives you an opportunity to make it easy for others to interact with you and your business through social media. It is an excellent way to build a relationship with someone. Hopefully, it will be a relationship that lasts for a very long time and one that is solid and mutually beneficial.
- Integrate brand names into your posts: Having a brand name integrated into your postings is an effective way to push your rankings up on the search engine pages. Using your business’s name and the names of your products will help you to achieve this. Of course, as with anything else, make sure to do it appropriately. You don’t want other people to feel that they are being overwhelmed by the information that you are sharing with them.
- Pay attention to the numbers: It is extremely important to pay close attention to your statistics when it comes to search engine optimization. The more people you can induce to pay attention to you and your business, the higher your rankings will be.
Getting social influence to influence your search engine rankings
Now that getting your business’s rankings to increase has been discussed, it is time to discuss how to use social media connections to increase your business’s success. The reality is that the connections that people have between social media and your business greatly influence how successful your business will be. It starts with people visiting your website. They are visiting your website because they have some interest in what you are offering. If they are interested enough, they will tell other people to check out your business also. Your website (and web presence, in general) is the first way to measure your business’s popularity. The more you encourage visitors to visit, the better your rankings will be.
Social media and search engine capabilities and results go hand in hand. The more advanced technological tools that are available, the more successful your business will be through your online connections trying to learn about what your business capabilities are. It is well worth your time as a business owner to take advantage of social media to get your rankings to appear as high as possible on the search engine pages. It may take a little more time than you would like to master your strategy of increasing your rankings but you will see that it is well worth the effort and patience. If you are consistent in your efforts, before you know it, you will see positive and incredible results.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Latest posts by Michael Cohn (see all)
- Bringing Your Marketing Efforts to the Next Level with LinkedIn - April 27, 2015
- The Facets of a Social Network - April 20, 2015
- Better Branding with Hashtags - April 13, 2015
- Ensuring that Your Homepage Satisfies Your Visitors - April 6, 2015
- Answering Important Questions About Your Social Brand - April 2, 2015