A lasting impression
If you think about all of the brands out there, you will notice that some brands leave more of a lasting impression on you than others do. The reasons that those particular brands stand out is because they have something unique and memorable and that is exactly what you need to accomplish with your brand. Of course, that is a lot easier said than done at times. You need to be creative and innovative as well as constantly presenting fresh content that will make people want to be connected to you and your business. Additionally, you need to do a good bit of research to learn what your competition is doing and to have a deep understanding of best practices, which are constantly changing. Your brand needs to be compelling to other people so that they will be attracted to your business and begin to interact with you.
If you are a marketer, getting your brand to stand out is probably second nature to you. However, if you don’t have a marketing background, it will be a little more challenging to present your brand in a way that really makes it buzz. There are several different ways to approach it.
- Understand your goals from the beginning: It is critical that you understand why you are doing whatever you are doing for your brand from the beginning. It is very important to have a plan and execute it as you go. If you just go along without any understanding of where you want to end up, you may not get there.
- Understand your target audience well: It is essential that you understand the wants and needs of your audience. When it comes to the relationship with your target audience, you need to be able to solve their problems. If you are able to accomplish that, you will turn them into loyal customers eventually.
- Recognize your own value: From the inception of your business, it is very important that you understand what you are able to bring to your audience, clients, prospects, etc. What do you give to them that is unique? Are you fulfilling all of their needs or only part of them? These are important questions to answer and the answers will give you a deeper understanding of your online connections as well as giving you a deeper understanding of how to satisfy them.
- Drive your brand home: Not only do you need to understand every aspect of your brand but you also need to be able to share your knowledge with other people. That also goes for everyone with whom you work. You can’t explain anything to anyone else if you don’t understand it yourself. You need to live and breathe your brand. You need to be your brand.
- Marry your marketing and social media goals: When you are looking at the social media channels on which you are active, you need to make sure that those particular channels fit in with your online marketing plan. If they don’t fit in, you need to eliminate them and choose new channels that you think will be more effective for your business.
- Always be consistent: Your activity through social media for your business is critical to the success of your business. To really make that happen, you need to be consistent in your efforts and persistent in communicating. You will need to post fresh content on a very regular basis each week and make sure that you start to build loyal followers who will want to see more and more of what you are sharing.
- Connect with your audience emotionally: You won’t have any chance of building relationships if you don’t connect with them on an emotional level. That is how relationships are formed and how they are maintained. As you get to know your audience members, you will start to understand how they feel and what makes them happy (and unhappy).
- Make your audience understand the importance of their opinions: Everyone likes to feel important. It is extremely important that you make your audience understand that you value their opinions and that without them, you couldn’t become successful.
- Keep on trying: No matter what, even if it seems difficult, don’t ever stop trying to improve upon what you have and what you are offering. Your brand is an investment that will pay off. Your efforts will pay off eventually. There is no question about it and you will certainly be glad that you were persistent when you look back on it.
If you follow the logical steps outlined here, you will bring your brand and your business to the next level. A lot of what has been discussed is common sense and you very well may be doing a lot of what has been discussed. Remember that you should only do what makes sense for your business. You will need to customize your efforts to meet the needs of your business and your clients. Remember that your brand is an extension of you as a business person and it must truly reflect what you believe.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Mr. Cohn is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Latest posts by Michael Cohn (see all)
- How to Start Marketing Your Business Online - July 28, 2014
- The Best Ways to Connect With Your Audience on Social Media - July 21, 2014
- Will Online Marketing Work for Your Business? - July 17, 2014