As a business owner, you want to acquire as many high-quality leads as you can. Once you have gathered those online leads, you need to figure out how to leverage them so that they give the most benefit to you.
The first thing that must happen once a lead comes to you is interaction. You need to respond to them and begin to build a relationship. The best way to lose business is to not respond to those people who have reached out to you. The web is all about instant response. If you aren’t prepared to do that, you have no business being connected online at all. So, how do you make sure to take full advantage of your leads? The following are some helpful tips that will enable you to make the most of your online leads:
- Analytics: Analytics are critical to your success because they will reveal to you the source of your online traffic as well as which keywords are bringing the most leads. You should use this information to figure out which sources supply you with the largest amount of converting traffic as well as helping you to do everything possible to build up that source.
- An attractive offer: A large part of your business’s appeal is the offer(s) that you are extending to your online connections. You need to make sure that your offers are tempting, relevant, and timely. If you notice that your leads are decreasing, you should look at what you are offering. Try to offer something different and then compare the results of that offer with the one before that. That should tell you a lot. The only way that you will be able to get any solid answers is by consistently testing so that you can determine exactly what your customers consider valuable.
- Lead forms: If you use a lead generation form that is web based, such as a form that your customers need to complete when asking about your products and/or services, you should ask yourself if it is effective. If you have a large number of questions on your form, you may be detracting from the power of the form. Remember that most people have no interest in sitting at a computer for hours and filling out a form. You should make the questions relevant and useful. If you find that they aren’t, you shouldn’t have them on your form.
- Be quicker: When it comes to successfully getting and converting leads, the more quickly you respond to them, the more successful you will be. It is a commitment that you will just have to make. If you receive a communication and don’t really have the time to fully respond to the question or comment that you have received, at the very least, you need to acknowledge the communication and let the person know that you will be back in touch with a proper response soon. Of course, it goes without saying that you must follow through with your commitment to respond in full soon. It is the least that you can do since the other person was nice enough to take the time to look at your presence and put some thought into interacting with you. If you are kind and fair with the people who want to interact with you online, you will reap wonderful benefits. They will regard you as a subject matter expert and you will be strengthening your business’s reputation.
- Distributing leads: If a lot of leads are coming to you (more than you can handle by yourself), you probably have others helping you. So, how do you make it work? Because of the fact that your online connections expect very quick responses, you can’t afford to let anything just sit. It is a really good idea to delegate the leads to the most appropriate people to handle them and to push them to respond as quickly as possible.
Your web leads are at the core of the business that you acquire from your online interactions. Lead generation is a powerful process that brings success to your business. You need to use it in the most effective way that you can. Successfully leveraging your leads is not a difficult process and you will see extremely positive results as a result of your efforts. If you can commit to always responding within a very short period of time and putting yourself in the shoes of the lead, you will undoubtedly succeed.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
Carolyn Cohn is the Chief Editor of CompuKol Communications LLC. Mrs. Cohn has a wealth of experience in business writing as well as having a strong editorial background. She manages all of the company’s writers, journalists and editors as well as writing, editing and publishing several business articles a week on a consistent basis, which are syndicated globally.
Mrs. Cohn has run several editorial departments for other companies. She has over 25 years of editorial experience and her expertise covers a wide range of media, such as online editing, and editing books, journal articles, abstracts, and promotional and educational materials.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Cohn has established and maintained strong relationships with professionals from a wide variety of companies. The principle that governs her work is that all words need to be edited.
Mrs. Cohn earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo.
Mrs. Cohn is a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA).