Flip.to is a social media platform that uses “magnetic marketing” to attract customers. The platform helps businesses to establish all-encompassing, effective, reliable marketing campaigns by engaging guests and the social media channels that they rely on.
Magnetic marketing is the time when the customer and the brand are brought together, at the appropriate time, without either side needing to take an aggressive action.
Flip.to encourages people to spread the word about their business to their social media connections and to entice the business's employees to getting involved in their social media marketing campaign. When a business's employees are motivated, they are great contributors to the creation of an extremely positive buzz campaign. In effect, they become an extension of the business's sales force. The engagement generally takes place in the same fashion that other information is communicated. Most commonly, through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The advantages of Flip.to
Flip.to is very easy to use. If you are using it in the hospitality industry, It plugs into the booking engine, which will incentivize guests to share information about their upcoming trip with their friends and family members immediately after they have made the arrangements. They don’t even need to leave the website of the hotel. There are several interesting and useful features that flip.to offers. Flip.to in the travel and hospitality industries is one example of how it is used. There are many other uses as well.
- Personalized landing pages: If a friend of a guest clicks on the guest’s link, they will immediately be directed to the hotel, restaurant, or airline website, which has been personalized. Flip.to is instrumental in engaging them and many of those people eventually become guests themselves.
- Customizable: Flip.to is the tool that is used and customized by various institutions. The look that is presented to people searching the given hotel, restaurant, or airline can totally be customized for the institution’s needs. For example, messages can be set to be syndicated and incentives for why a prospective guest should become an actual guest can be communicated.
- Milestones: When a person reaches a goal through flip.to (for example, sharing something about a particular hotel on Facebook), a unique voucher will be Emailed directly to that person. The vouchers are printable and can also be viewed on a mobile device. The process for redeeming the voucher is built right into the voucher itself.
- Analytics: The business can track precisely what is happening and who is speaking about them, what they are saying and how much traffic is being generated. Top-line analytics as well as more detailed reports are at the business’s fingertips.
- Getting set up: If you are interested in getting connected to flip.to, it is very simple. One line of code needs to be added to your booking engine (which is similar to Google Analytics).
There are other tools that work on similar principles, such as Zuberance, gigya, izea, and Foursquare (to some extent).
- Zuberance: Zuberance works with other companies to capture the power of word-of-mouth and social media to boost measurable successes and increase sales eventually.
- gigya: gigya integrates online businesses with the most popular social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Customers are able to take friend and profile data to drive social registrations, word-of-mouth marketing and interactions with their communities. Everything that gigya does is optimized through analytics, consulting, support and best practices.
- izea: izea connects social media publishers with advertisers through their platforms. The company works with social media sponsorships.
Conclusion Our this world of ever-changing and advanced technology, more and more interesting and clever tools are being offered that help business owners to become greater and greater successes. The concept of Flip.to is an amazing one for the travel, hospitality and food industries. The product can potentially generate a tremendous amount of online traffic and those people who are connecting online will eventually become loyal clients. For more information, check out Flip.to.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let's have coffee.
About the Author.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies.
Mr. Cohn founded CompuKol Communications to help small businesses and entrepreneurs increase their exposure and reputation on the Internet. CompuKol consults, creates, and implements communication strategies for small businesses to monopolize their markets with a unique business voice, vision, and visibility.
Prior to that, Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. His expertise includes social media marketing strategies; internet marketing; web presence design; business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ.
Mr. Cohn is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).